Total Pageviews

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mother's Day Idea

I suppose it's time to start thinking about a Mother's Day song as well since they always ask our primary to sing something in Sacrament Meeting on that Sunday. This year I decided to do another little medley. First I went to the lds.org music site and transposed the song "Grandmother" to the key of C and printed it off. Then I printed off the Children's Songbook version of "I am a Child of God" which is also in the key of C. The Grandmother song looks like it will be low to sing but it actually is a lot easier than the original high version and even the older boys will sing it! I will have them sing the 1st verse of the Grandmother song changing the words "gradmother just" to "grandma and mom" and then the piano player will end on the first ending adding a C chord at then end. After a small pause we'll start singing the chorus of "I am a Child of God." I think it will be cute and have a good message for all the mom's and grandma's out there!!

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful idea! can I ask how you transposed the song, or if you'll share a copy of it?
    Thanks
    Nicole from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this out! Thank you. I forgot about fitting this prep into my lesson plans!

    ReplyDelete