Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Simplified Primary Songs

My music share went so well last week, we had a full 15 minutes of sharing including solos, duets, piano solos, viola rendition of "The First Noel" and one of my 11 year olds brought his bassoon and played "I am a Child of God."  One of my favorite parts was when one of our autistic children stood up and wanted to sing "Praise to the Man,"  he grabbed the microphone and I started playing the piano and he sang every single word so amazing!  These are some of my favorite experiences in Sr. Primary, the spirit is so strong and the kids are learning how to share their testimonies and talents through music.  I LOVE IT.  That being said, I'm going to start an ongoing post here with links to simplified versions of our songs.  I have kids learn the songs throughout the year to play as prelude in primary and for the primary program, and if they are brave enough I let them accompany the primary while we sing, it's a great opportunity for them to share.  If you have some please leave a comment and I'll include it in the post.

  1. AS A CHILD OF GOD
  2.  CHOOSE THE RIGHT
  3. STAND FOR THE RIGHT
  4. I FEEL MY SAVIOR'S LOVE
  5. WHEN I AM BAPTIZED
  6. NEPHI'S COURAGE
  7. THE WISE MAN AND THE FOOLISH MAN
  8. I'M TRYING TO BE LIKE JESUS

3 comments:

  1. Here is a site where there are TONS of the children's songbook songs made into simplified versions. Love it! :)

    http://www.frontiernet.net/~vkbrown/primary_music_web_files/page0001.htm

    Also, on the same site, here is the link to the even more simplified versions of some of the songs:

    http://www.frontiernet.net/~vkbrown/primary_music_web_files/page0002.htm

    They're not all the 2012 songs, but they may be fun for those who just want their kids to be able to play more church music. :) Thanks for your posts! -- Melissa A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love having the guitar chords in the music. Thank you! I'm really rusty at my guitar but want to use it this year for some of the songs. Thanks for the easier music just for me! I love it! The kids too of course....awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! I was just called into the Primary Presidency today, our program is in 3 weeks. The president turned to me today and asked if I could play the songs for the program. ! With these simplified songs I may be able to help her out after all. We moved here to Rome, Italy at the beginning of 2012. Our ward is small. This site will help us soooo much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete