Total Pageviews

Friday, April 29, 2011

Mother's Day Medley

After a lot of thought and prayer I finally know what we're singing for Mother's Day in Sacrament Meeting!!

I took the following songs and printed them all of in the key of G.  You can do this on LDS.org.
  1. Mother Dear page 206
  2. We'll Bring the World His Truth page 172
  3. Mother, I Love You page 207
Now here's my trick.  Sing the 1st verse of Mother Dear using all the sign language from the previous post.  Make sure you make it super cheesy and cute.  I have emailed lots of mom's in the ward to get pictures of them smiling alone or with their kids, I had them printed and the older kids will hold them up when we sing "you're happy smiling face!".  At the end of this song the pianist will do the little run that leads into the chorus of Army of Helaman. . ."we are as the army of Helaman we have been TAUGHT BY OUR MOMS. . ." and continue until the 1st ending.  after the 4 counts of the first ending we'll sing the very end of Mother, I love you singing "Mother I Love You I Love You I Do!!"

It's gonna be cute, something different but something applicable for today's hard world where Mom's are really working hard to raise righteous strong children.  Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

  1. I thought you weren't supposed to use signs/pictures in the chapel?

    See Handbook 11.5.4 "In keeping with the sacredness of sacrament meeting, the presentation should not include visuals, costumes, or media presentations."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I got approval from the bishop before teaching this and using it!!

    ReplyDelete