Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Singing Bee Review Sr. Primary

Of course I borrowed some inspiration for this activity from Divine Secrets of a Primary Chorister blog!  I split the Primary into two groups by counting off (this made is really great to separate the talkers and make new friends) and then I introduced the team names!  I set out the rules making sure to remind everyone that Primary is not only for the super singers but for everyone to share their testimonies through song!  We were reviewing "He Sent His Son" so I started everyone out singing the first little phrase then I dramatically cut everyone off and had the first two team members from each group see how fast they could sing the next line!  If neither person got it or they sang but got it wrong we simply invited the next two team members up and started again!  Each time we started over from the beginning of the song and only went to the last phrase sang!  It was amazing because without even knowing it they sang the same song for the entire Primary and had tons of fun doing it!  Make sure you get those shy kids and embarrassed boys up there by playing up the teamwork angle and using the names of the teams.  To one boy I said, "come on you're a SEAL and SEALS don't chicken out!" He laughed and got up there.  Just remember to remind them to be reverent and always bear your testimony about what they song is saying.  They really got into this and loved it!

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever send files of your cute graphics out ~ like the pumpkin stuff?? If so, let me know, and I'll shoot you my e-mail address!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn . . of course I'll share with you. . .I added an email link to the top of my blog so email me and let me know where to send it.

    ReplyDelete