Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Praise to the Man for B Flat Instruments

So this year I've had several of my Sr. Primary kids wanting to team up with each other on music share Sunday and play instruments together.  Of course not all instruments go together and I've had to learn a thing or two to help this work for them.  So I'm sharing my first transposition of Praise to the Man so that a B Flat instrument like a trumpet or clarinet can play along with the piano or the kids singing.  Can you just see how super excited and proud I am of myself for transposing . . .okay I used this super cheat sheet idea from this website (click here) but I'm still patting myself on the back!  I can't wait to hear my little trumpet and clarinet players groove to Praise to the Man in October!

Since I don't have a flat sign I'll use * after the note to show a flat. . .

Praise to the Man who communed with Jehovah (B*B*B*DB*DFB*DCB*F)
Jesus Anointed that Prophet and Seer (E*GE*DFDCB*CDC)
Blessed to open the last dispensation (B*B*B*DB*DFB*DCB*F)
Kings Shall extol him and nations revere (E*GE*DFDCB*CDB*)

Hail to the Prophet (B*B*B*AGFF)
Ascended to Heaven (FB*B*B*AGFE*)
Traitors and Tyrants (B*B*B*AGC)
Now fight him in vain (B*AFB*GFE*DC)

Mingling with Gods (B*B*B*DB*)
He can plan for his brethren (DFB*DCB*F)
Death cannot conquer (E*GE*DF)
The Hero again (CB*CDB*)

There's one wrong note but I can't find it . . .let me know if you find it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this song, and i am going to learn clarinet soon! i'll try to let you know if i find the wrong note!

    ReplyDelete