Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Holy Ghost

 Sr. Primary Poster
Jr. Primary Poster
So to teach the song The Holy Ghost I used sign language.  I looked up the following words on this ASL website
  • Christ
  • Earth
  • Promised
  • Send
  • Holy Ghost
  • Comfort
  • Friend
  • Holy Spirit
  • Whisper
  • Voice
  • Testifies
  • God
  • Christ
  • Hearts
  • Rejoice
We sang/talked through each phrase and posted the pictures/words on our board while we learned the tune of the song.  Eventually we added the actions.  It worked out amazing and took only one Sunday to really get the whole song.  I find that when you use the music, visuals like pictures, and actions the kids learn the songs really fast.  Even my little Sunbeams can do the sign language so cute!  This is one of their favorite songs.  I also remember to try and always bear my testimony and remind them that it doesn't matter if you're the best singer what matters is that you are sharing your testimony by singing the words of these songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment